High intensity focus ultrasound (HIFU) is a revolutionary alternative to a cosmetic face-lift – without the need of surgery. HIFU lifts and tones the face, neck and eyes resulting in a dramatic yet natural uplift. HIFU is said to reduce the appearance of ageing by 4 – 8 years in just one treatment.
How does it work?
HIFU targets deep down in the foundation layer of your skin, the same layer addressed in cosmetic surgery. Unlike lasers, which penetrate the skin from the outside in, the HIFU procedure bypasses the surface of the skin, and delivers targeted energy specifically into the deep, structural tissues and muscles where collagen lives.
HIFU involves penetrating ultra-sound energy to stimulate collagen production in the deep dermal and sub dermal levels, which results in micro injury to that tissue. As the tissue heals, it increases collagen and as the collagen fibres organise and shorten, a tightening effect is seen on the skin.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a course of treatments?
In most cases only one treatment is required. Additional treatments may be required to successfully treat advanced ageing. A second treatment can be performed 3 months after your first session.
Do I need to maintain the results?
Patients treated with HIFU still have fresh, young collagen after a years time following the procedure, but future touch up treatments can help keep pace with the ageing process, which varies by individual.
Will I see results straight away?
20% of your overall result will be seen immediately with the remaining 80% being seen within 6 months of treatment.
Are there side effects?
There may be a slight redness for up to a few hours following the treatment, and a small percentage of clients may have slight swelling, tingling or tenderness to touch, but these are mild and temporary in nature.
Does it hurt?
HIFU does not cause major discomfort. You may feel some discomfort, warmth or heat sensation or even a slight pain that lasts less than a few seconds and only during the pulsation cycle when ultrasound energy is being applied. The discomfort is very brief and a good sign that the collagen building process has begun.
SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION
Are you looking for an alternative to facelift? Contact us today to schedule a consultation with Dr Yap.